Let’s celebrate student workers - nominations now open for Student Employee of the Year
Did you know that every year Sheffield University students are nominated for the Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) Award, and we are now looking for our nominees for 2014............?
These national awards recognise students who have a paid part-time job whilst they are studying and we have had several award-winning students in recent years.
So, could you be our SEOTY for 2014?
Yes, you could if:
· you work part-time and have done so at any time since April 2013
· you are currently registered as a student
· you are a really hard worker and you think your employer would say that you go ‘Above and Beyond’ your duties; or that you ‘Step Up to Leadership’ or you have had ‘Commercial Impact’ on their organization (these are the nomination categories)
What will the judges be looking for? If you tick most of the boxes below, you could be in with a good chance. Are you:
· always flexible and adaptable/ always smiling, and good to be around
· able to just get on with it, and don’t need to be told things twice
· confident but not afraid to ask if you need help
· enthusiastic and keen to get involved
· a positive person - the glass is half full, not half empty
· able to follow through on plans and make suggestions
· reliable and have added value to the business
· willing to take on additional challenges at work
· ........you can probably think of a few more!
And what is in it for you?
There are prizes to be won for national winners including cash, certificates and trophies, but most importantly, wouldn’t it look good on your CV? Being able to say that you were a winner (or even that you were nominated) in this national award scheme will boost your CV and make you stand out from the crowd when you are applying for jobs.
So don’t delay, be sure your employer knows about the SEOTY awards today………send them the link: http://tinyurl.com/SEOTY14 or send their email address to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can ask them if they have any students they want to nominate (we won’t mention your name, promise!) Nominations close at 5pm on Thursday 17 April
If you need any more information, call in to see us in the Student Jobshop in the Union
Remember – it could be you!
The Jobshop Team