eMentoring Case Study


eMentoring Case Study

In 2016-2017 I signed up with the mentoring scheme.  It was this opportunity that allowed me to meet my mentor, a Policy Officer for the European Commission’s Directorate General for Employment in Brussels. She helped by giving me advice on how to pursue a career in politics or law at one of the EU institutions and our conversations centred on how my studies could help with my future aspirations.

I decided to go to Belgium for my year abroad because it was close to the European Parliament and European Commission for potential work experience.  However, I did not expect an invitation from my mentor to meet her at work to live ‘a day in her life’. It was a wonderful experience to finally meet my mentor after many Skype sessions.

My mentor gave me a great insight into her job role and I had the opportunity to meet other team members.  I learnt a great deal about the incentives the unit uses to encourage Member States to improve their vocational courses to help adults into the workforce

I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to meet my mentor and spend the day with her. This is an experience I will never forget and shows just how mentoring can help you discover new and exciting things.

Denise Osei, 3rd year Law (with French Law)


Find out more about the eMentoring Scheme
Careers Service

Careers Service

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.