Life as a second year student


Being a second year student in the Russian and Slavonic Studies department is not the most difficult thing in the world. Having an extremely helpful and friendly department is really important, particularly when doing your undergraduate degree. One problem though… you have to learn Russian by the end of this year or you’re going to have a rather ‘interesting’ time in the Russian Federation for your third year!
However, as a second year student I am aware of a lot of questions:
  • What are your plans? Where do you plan to go? Where do you want to live? Do you want to continue your education after Sheffield?
  • Where do you want to be? What job do you want?
  • What are you doing now? Are you learning new skills? Can you learn a new language?
My personal story... 
I speak German, Mandarin Chinese and Russian, and I’m learning Japanese and Italian. I’m also learning about Politics, Economics and Diplomacy in my spare time. I plan to go to Moscow in the Russian Federation to study a Master’s degree in Diplomacy. I want to work as a Diplomat for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and, ideally, live in Moscow. I’m currently working for the Careers Service as an ambassador to the student body, and I’m also the student representative for my course.

Are you the same? If yes, and you know exactly what you need to do, or want to do, awesome! If not, come to the Careers Service. Speak to them about what you can, want and need to do, and they can help to get you on course to achieve your goals. 
Liam (Student Blogger)
Careers Service

Careers Service

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.